26 Apr 2013
in Photography Tags: anniversary, Digital Photographer, Digital Photographer Philippines, digital photography, photography, workshops
Spread it like a virus.. The biggest FREE photography event in the country is happening on May 4! Lectures and live shoots from the best filipino photographers, great raffle items, awesome exhibit, booze, and everything nice.. Save the date and share to all your friends. Leggo!
For more information, visit the following websites:
Facebook: DPP Magazine
25 Apr 2013
in Design, Movies, Other Events Tags: Animahenasyon, animation, movies, University of the Philippines Diliman, UP Film Center
If you are:
1. Near University of the Philippines (UP) Diliman, you may wanna catch the following, which are on for the rest of the month of April,
2. A fan of animation and would like to support Filipino animators,
head over to the UP Film Center for these:
14 Apr 2013
in Music, Theater Tags: musical, OPM, PETA Theater, rock musical, Sa Wakas, Sugarfree
1. Watch Sa Wakas on April 13 and 14. Tickets are available at Ticketnet or through www.sawakas.com
2. One winner will be picked per show (April 13 – matinee and gala, April 14 – matinee and gala) with a total of four winners for the opening weekend.
3. Winners will be determined through a raffle based on seat numbers and will be announced during the intermission.
4. To claim the prize, winner will need to present ticket to the registration for validation.
5. VIP Pass will include the following: One (1) Sa Wakas Shirt, Signed Programme, a Sugarfree CD signed by Ebe Dancel, and Backstage Pass for two (2) to meet and greet the cast after the show.
6. Prizes should be claimed on the same day.
13 Apr 2013
in Music Tags: concerts, gigs, Mall of Asia Arena, music, Vans
The concert will feature the best solo artists and bands in the country include Kamikazee, Urbandub, Save Me Hollywood, The Chongkeys, Moonstar 88, Rocksteddy, and Franco.
Tickets to Vans Summer Music Jam 2013 will be available at all Vans Concert Stores and SM Department Stores
VANS OFF the Wall Summer Music Jam is brought to you by Vans with co-presented by The SM Store and Monster Energy.
Are you wondering how to get tickets? This is how:
10 Apr 2013
in Music Tags: 420, events, gigs, music, reggae
Why, what’s with 420?
Whatever it is, here’s to a music-filled day, from twelve noon til the next day!
09 Apr 2013
in Teatro Pilipinas, Theater Tags: Battalia Royale, events, Philippine Theater, Sipat Lawin Ensemble, Teatro Pilipinas, theater
If you are a fan of Philippine Theater, and/or the production Battalia Royale, or interested in Contemporary Community Theater and Contemporary Theater Community, Crowdfunding Theater and The Blank Ticket Concept, you may wanna drop by the Pugad Lawin Studio this Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 3PM.
Open to the public meryenda + Talk/dialogue/ kuwentuhan on revisiting Battalia Royale, independent theater, Sipat Lawin Line-up for 2013, Grand Shift to Contemporary Community Theater and Contemporary Theater Community, Crowdfunding Theater and The Blank Ticket Concept.
Bring meryenda to share! Send a private message to confirm attendance. Bring friends!
For more information, visit the Facebook event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/458544557548882/
Or connect with Sipat Lawin Ensemble on Facebook.
04 Apr 2013
in Family, Music and Arts Tags: arts and crafts, Easter Sunday, family, Lia, painting, YAS, Young Artists' Studio
It was a really fun Easter activity for the kids last Sunday at the Greenhills branch of Young Artists’ Studio.
Lia had been really looking forward to this egg painting activity and she was delighted to see the venue. The Young Artists’ Studio is located inside Sound Learning Therapy Center on the 3rd floor of the Promenade Bldg. at the corner of Wilson St. and P. Guevarra St., Greenhills, San Juan.
16 Mar 2013
in Music Tags: Cross Fade Productions, Crossfade Productio, Dhruva Tara, Franco, gig, Metro Bar, music, Queso, Salamin, Urbandub
There is already an update for this. Same line-up, same ticket price, NEW VENUE. Click HERE.
Mark your calendars and find Metro Bar on West Avenue on your Google maps, because on April 13, Cross Fade Productions is bringing you full-set performances from Franco, Urbandub, Queso with Salamin and Dhruva Tara.
Tickets are at Php500 but early buyers get Php100 off. For tickets and more information:
Contact number: +63.916.312.2483
13 Mar 2013
in Musings, Photography Tags: Mark Terence Sy, musings, photography, Photoshop
I said, “Welcome back to me, Photoshop. Long time no everything,” because it is only now, in the past three months, that I have opened this application to work on my photos. So long that I have, I believe, forgotten how to use it.
If you notice, I have a new watermark, and I am trying to do justice to it by putting it on photos that I am proud of myself and amusing myself with its placement every time.
If there are some differences in the ways I process my photos now, I have the following to thank for:
1. Mark Terence Sy – for the mentorship and the workshop last December where I learned a few camera tricks and tips, as well as how to use Adobe Bridge in some ways, among other things, of course.
2. My workshop classmates who basically taught me the existence of some, as well as how to use, awesome Adobe Photoshop plug-ins. I have not mastered them as I have not been sitting long enough in front of my laptop in the past months to effectively learn anything.
3. Some cheap filters that I acquired in November 2012 that I have also not mastered enough but yes, I will get there, that because they are cheap and I do not know anything, have also taught me how to use my camera in such a way that I shoot with the knowledge that I will crop the vignetted edges.
4. Some people and experiences to draw inspiration from. Not to mention infographics brought to me daily by my fantabulous Facebook feed.